Those expensive sugar scrubs you see in department stores and spas… are a simple beauty recipe with countless variations, and they can be incredibly moisturizing and exfoliating to the skin.They can be used on face, body, and (especially) feet, for silky skin.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or brown sugar- preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup oil (olive oil and coconut oil work great)
- Optional: essential oils of your preference (for smell)
Sugar Scrub Instructions
Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight jar.
Use 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower. Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse will. it will leave your skin feeling like silk.
Some different Scrub ideas:
- Pumpkin Pie Scrub:
- 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (or just 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub:
- 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil and 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Lemon Hand Scrub (for after washing dishes):
- 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil, 15-20 drops (or more) of lemon or orange essential oil
- Vanilla Lavender Relaxing Facial Scrub:
- 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil, 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract and 15 drops lavender essential oil
- With Mothers Day coming this would make a wonderful homemade gift for her