Monday, February 9, 2015
Hershey Kiss Rose Valentines
- 1 package of Hershey Kisses
- Floral Leaves, with a stem (one for each rose)
- roll of Cellophane (I recommend red or pink if you go with silver Kisses, though, you could go with clear if you choose the colored holiday Kisses)
- 6" pieces of 12 gauge wire (You can buy these in 18" lengths, and cut each into three using a wire cutter)
- Green floral tape
1) Cut your cellophane into rectangles, approximately 7"x5". You will need one rectangle for each rose.
2) Take two Hershey Kisses and hold them together
3) Fold your rectangle of cellophane, matching opposite corners at the bottom, with the Hershey Kisses held tightly in the middle.
4) Take the excess cellophane from the right side and fold it over to the left, still holding the Hershey Kisses together in the middle.
5) Fold the excess cellophane from the left side over to the right side.
6) Twist the extra cellophane tightly to the right below your Hershey Kisses, this makes your "rose bud"
7) Still holding onto your "rose bud", place your wire "stem"
8) Using a piece of floral tape approximately 10" long, begin to tightly wrap the stem and the extra cellophane.
9) Continue wrapping until the "stem" is well attached to the "rose bud" and the extra cellophane is covered
10) Place your floral leaf where you would like it, and use another piece of floral tape to attach it, wrapping until the stem is completely hidden.
11) Tie on a cute little tag, and you have a one-of-a-kind Valentine to share
Make one or as many as you want.....give as a valentine or make a 12 and give a unique dozen of roses to that someone special or even use a centerpiece.
(imagine borrowed from google)